Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hello!

Things have been going well here in Brive. I really enjoy working here. Elder Martinez is an incredible missionary. I got to meet multiple members this week by doing multiple service projects and helping with multiple hometeaching visits. The members here are all super awesome.

We also have a good amount of awesome amis as well. As we worked with them throughout the week I saw alot of potential in them. If all goes well we should see baptism this transfer. Keep us in your prayers!

Next week the whole mission will be in Nice because Elder Andersen is visiting our mission. I am really excited for this even though it involves many hours of travel. As a result of this and the timing our Pday will get messed up so I have no idea when you will get my next email.

So just to give you an interesting story this week I will share with you one of the more unique experiences that I lived on my mission. So there we were walking down the street when we look up and see a cat on the sidewalk in front of us. It turns to face us and as we get closer to it, it got scared and darted out into the road. Well apparently it's mom never warned it to look both ways because just at that moment a car came speeding by. We watched in horror as the poor thing got mangled by the car. But it doesn't end there. Apparently the tire went right over its stomach and because we were just beside the whole incident we were splatterd with the insides of this poor cat. Yes you read that right. It litterally popped like the car had ran over a tube of toothpaste and we were right in the line of fire. As we walked down the street towards the appartment we had to hold our breath. No professional author could do justice in describing the stench that could be smelt within a 10 yard radius of us. I had to throw away the shirt that I was wearing. The rest of the evening i couldn't turn my mind off and the horrific scene played over and over in my head. I feel as though I might have suffered from the effects of PTSD the rest of the day. To this day i still shutter at the sight of a cat and refuse to approach one. The experience I have lived though still haunts me. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies. I hate cats.

Love ya,

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment