Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of emails the last few weeks. I actually dont have much time today either but i will do my best to fill this up somewhat with the half hour i have for emails today. First things first I am no longer in brive but am now in Lyon due to another unexpected emergency transfer. Well I'm actually in a little town just outside of lyon called Ville Franche but serving in one of the lyon wards. We have a car so we drive about a half hour to get to lyon for church on sundays. I promise it wasn't my fault but something on the other end:) President called my on friday afternoon and i was on a train all day Saturday. My new comp is elder Walker. He is in his first transfer. Real transfer calls are this week and i imagine that there wont be any changes but you never know. 

So the last Pday of every transfer President invites all of the lyon missionaries over to his house to play in the back yard and eat lunch. There are quite a few missionaries here due to there being 4 wards. It was fun getting to see everyone. We played petanque (a popular french game where you try to throw metal balls close to a small one on the ground and who ever is closest to the little ball wins). It was fun because my team beat presidents team and he never loses at anything.

This past week in Brive was good. Although actually most of it was held out side of brive. We went to lyon earlier this week to do elder ottesens legality which took up all of monday and tuesday. Wednesday we actually had time to work and met some really cool people. Thursday we had district meeting in brive and immediately after I headed to bordeaux for an exchange. We headed back to brive on friday and i recieved the call from president while i was on the train. The rest of the day we had a few rdvs and then passed a few members to say goodbye. All saturday was spent at trainstations or on trains and we got in to lyon at 10:30. We just went to the closest elder apt to the gare and slept there. We headed to church the next morning and finally sunday afternoon i made it to our apt in ville franche. The good news about brive though is even though we didnt get much time to work we met a good number of new people and were able to set up plenty of new rdvs for this week. I was sad to leave Brive but I am also excited to be in a new area for the last few weeks. Especially one in lyon which means i wont have to be on trains all the time now like i did in brive due to all the the exchanges and conferences being in different villes.

Any way my time is up so I'm gunna have to cut this short. Sorry. Have a good week! Love you

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment