Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

Hey all,

So this past week was good. We got our transfer calls and I'm staying in Marseille for another transfer. Elder Tulley got transfered to Nice so my new companion is Elder Workman. He has already served here for 4 transfers and then left for about 3 and now he is back. It should be a good change going from white washing to now having alot more experience with the ville. I've only known him for about an hour up to now but I already know that he is going to be an awesome companion. So the zones got changed around and some new ones were added this transfer. Our zone got split into 2 and Elder Tulley is one of the new zls of the other half. I'm looking forward to this new transfer and hope that all continues to go well.

This past week was great. We picked up some new amis and had some great rdvs. This past wednesday the mission had a finding day. We spent the whole day contacting and port à porting. Also everyone prayed every hour for everybody in the mission. It really strengthened my testimony of how important prayer is. It may seem like a little thing but it really brings about miracles. We saw many that day and it was always right after we would get done praying. We are so lucky to be able to talk with our Heavenly Father at any time and have His spirit with us to guide us. Sometimes the best and simplest way to help others is just to pray for them. I know that prayer is such a great blessing in our lives and that it really does make a difference.

I hope that all is going well back at home. I hope mom had a great birthday and everyone had a great valentines day. I'm glad valentines day is over because all of the ads all over the city have become abit more family friendly. I love you all and hope you stay happy and healthy. I'm sorry that this email is short but i spent all day at the train station for all the arrivals and departures so time got cut a little short. Love ya.

Elder Swenson

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Valerie Workman, and my Son Elder Ben Workman is Elder Swensons newest companion in Marseille. He is very excited to serve with Elder Swenson and speaks highly of him. My son is very happy to be back in Marseille. I hope that they will have a great experience serving together in Marseilles. We are from Layton Utah. If you would like to contact me and get any more info. my email is vjworkman@yahoo.com. There is also a group on Facebook called (Missionary friends and family of the France Lyon mission) It is very helpful. Parents sharing info. and fun experiences from their missionaries. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valerie, thanks for your comment! Trent seems to really like working with your son too!

    ReplyDelete