Monday, February 11, 2013

Last Week of My First Transfer (plus pictures)

Salut!

So this is the last week of transfer number one. We get our calls on Friday so i'll find out then if i'm staying in marseille or not. I hope that I get to stay but i'll be happy with where ever i get sent. Me and Elder Tulley are finally getting out of our white washing slump. Now that we finally know the members and area a little more we have been having a little easier time. This week we taught alot more and received some new amis. All of them are awesome and i love being able to share the gospel with them and just be able to serve them how ever they need it. We gave 3 blessings this week and so that was my first experience doing that in french. When ever there are a few companionship's at a members house or at a lesson they always choose me to give the prayer without fail. I think i'm 100% in giving either opening prayer or dinner prayer this week. Also they always choose me to anoint the oil for the blessings. It's good for me to practice though and i love being able to help out. But now i just expect that it's going to be me when we ask who they would like to say the prayer.

My appetite has been growing on my mission because of all the giant meals that we eat. Here in France they have appetizers, then a dish, then another dish, then bread and cheese, then dessert. The food is great but i always feel like i'm going to die when i come out of mangez-vous. But slowly my stomache is becoming accustomed to being so full. I love it out here in france and the people and culture are great. Ashley asked me if i've had any people come on to metros and give speaches or play music for money yet, and i've seen alot more of that this week. The other day a guy jumped on the metro and started playing his guitar and singing crazy. It made me laugh. I love all the experiences and people that you meet while you are out on the streets.

So there is this awesome member in our ward named David who is an amazing member missionary. This sunday he showed up with 5 people who he had invited to attend church with him. They were all awesome to and we have some rdv's set up for this upcoming week. Members are really where the majority of our amis come from and the members in our ward are all great missionaries. It's awesome being able to help members to do missionary work and help them find ways to invite their friends and family to learn more about the gospel. Growing up in Pleasant Grove where the majority of the people you know are members and we never really had ward missionaries, I never realised how much of an impact the members have on missionary work.

I love you all and hope that you are enjoying all of the snow back in Utah. I hope that all are happy, healthy and well.  Here are some pictures from our hike last P-day.




Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment