Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Hello dear family,

So new transfer, new comp, same ville, same all day train station duties. So Elder Wilson got shipped off and my new comp is Elder Asay. He's from texas ( I know that mom likes to know where my comps are from). He's an awesome elder and we should get alot of good work done this transfer. The good news is that vacation is comming to an end and so we will have an easier time fixing up rdvs. We met a bunch of cool people at the first of the transfer who ended going on vacation until august. Hopefully know we will get to see all of these cool people in the comming weeks.

So last week was good. We did plenty of service and did some good work with members. One cool thing that happened was we had planned to go see a member but when we got to his apt he wasn't there. His non member nephew was though and invited us up. He told us that his uncle was going to be late but said "You guys usually start with a prayer right? I'll say it." He then asked us about the church and we ended up teaching him about the restoration and setting up a return visit in a few days. It was a cool unexpected miracle that the Lord sent our way.

I'm excited for this new transfer and I know that we will continue seeing miracles all throughout. I love you all and hope that you are enjoying the last little bit of summer. I'm sorry that this letter is a little short and that I haven't sent pictures in a few weeks (I forgot my camera cord again). I'll do a better job next week when I have more time. Love ya,

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment