Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

Hey everyone,
This past week went well. We passed quite a few members in the ward this week, sang Love one another on the doorstep with a guitar, and gave them cookies and a little spiritual thought on the back of a picture of Christ. They LOVED it. It was a really simple quick way to serve and uplift a lot of members as well as get to know them better without spending a long time at a dinner appointment. We saw smiles, tears, and cameras, heard thankyous and encores and felt lots of love. I love the members in Toulouse.

So last week I talked about our ami Pernel and how cool he was. Well he is progressing really well and should be batized this week. The thing is that he is leaving Toulouse this weekend to go back to school in Nancy. So because it is cooler for everyone that his uncle baptizes him, his baptism is going to be on thursday before he heads up north. He is super cool and we are all excited that he is getting baptized this week. I'm sad that i'm going to miss it due to the fact that I am no longer in Toulouse. Yes you read that right. Yes it is still the middle of the transfer. Let me explain:
So Friday morning during studies Elder Tulley got a call from the assistants. (The office has our numbers mixed up apparently). He talks for a few seconds and then says "yeah here he is;" and passes me the phone. Wondering what this is going to be about I answer expecting to hear Elder Emal on the phone. The following conversation then took place:
Me: Hello this is Elder Swenson
President Roney: Hello Elder Swenson how are you doing?
Me (slightly confused): I'm good thanks. What can I do for you?
President: So we had a problem with a missionary going home early and you are the solution to this problem. You are going to be serving in Angouleme.
Me (slightly more confused): Uh...
President: You will be serving with Elder Crossman and you will head up to Angouleme tomorrow. Elder Asay will now be in a three some with
                Elder Tulley  and Elder Hunt. 
Me: Ok
President: Thanks. We love you. Can i talk to your companion now?
Me: yep. (hands the phone to Elder Asay)
Elder Tulley: What did Elder Emal want?
So yup. I'm now in Angouleme with Elder Crossman. It's a nice little ville with a small branch. This is the first area i've served in that doesn't have a ward. There are about 20 to 30 members at church each week which is a change comming from a big ward in Toulouse. Any way I like it up here and should work well with Elder Crossman. I'll miss Toulouse and Elder Asay and the members but I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. I love you all!
Elder Swenson



No comments:

Post a Comment