Monday, April 1, 2013

New Transfer, New Area

Hey everyone,

So yesterday was my last day in Marseille. I was kinda sad to leave my bleu ville, but i'm also excited to be in a new area. This transfer i will be serving in Saint Etienne with Elder Jackson. So far i really like it here in St Etienne. Its smaller and a little more french feeling. It will be a little different being the only missionaries in the ville but it should be great. Its less to take in than marseille because marseille is one of the biggest villes in the mission. I am excited to be serving here. Elder Jackson seems like a really great missionary and it will be great serving with him. Elder Workman is staying in Marseille and training a bleu there. This transfer there are only like 5 elders coming in but like 20 sisters and i think that next transfer there will be 27 more or something. Basically all of the sisters here are training.

This past week was great. Elder Workman and I taught Charles-Henri for the first time and it was awesome. He is a really great guy and I'm sad that i wont get to teach him any more. We gave him a dedicated book of mormon and asked him if he would read 3nephi 11 before next time and then he asked if we could just read it now. I know that he will be a golden ami for the Elders in marseille.

Yesterday at church was really awesome because of all the good easter testimonies and all the kind words given to those of us who were leaving. There was this family from Utah who visited because they were on vacation so we helped translate for them. They were really nice and it was good to be able to help them. The son who was there just got his mission call to russia. I'm sure that he will do great.

I hope that you all had a great easter and are looking forward to conference this week. I know that there will be something said there that is specifically for you if you listen and are attentive to the spirit. I love you all

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment