Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

Hey everybody,

So things are going good here. Angouleme is a nice little ville. I am slowly catching after being here a week. It is a little easier to know the members when there are so few of them. Hopefully we'll be able to change that by finding all kinds of big cool families. We do have a couple cool amis that we are teaching at the moment and I am excited to get to know them better as we continue to see them more. There is a less active guy that the elders found before i got here who was baptised in Peru. He is really cool and has a nice little family but it can be a little hard teaching him as he mostly speaks spanish and neither of us really do. Elder Crossman bought a spanish grammar book so we will see what we can pick up from that.

So I did an exchange in Bordeaux last week. I have been there once for a conference but this was the first time that i got to work there. It is a really big ville with slow public transportation. Being there reminded me of Marseille because of how big it is. I like getting to do exchanges in other villes so that i can see more of France. I was looking at all of the villes where I have been on a map the other day and I can say that i am definately not one of those elders who seems to be stuck in one region of the the country their whole mission. President definately keeps me moving around.

Other news is that Pernel, our ami from Toulouse, got baptized yesterday. I'm sad that I missed it but am really proud of him for his progress. I'll see if i can steal some pictures of that from Elder Asay. It's crazy to think that in just over 2 months I will hit my year mark. The time has just flown by and its crazy to look back and see all of the things i've seen and done over here. I've been trying to do better with journal writting as i have been pretty bad with that. I have been going back over my pictures and planners and trying to fill in on any of the cool things i have neglected to write down and it has been really fun going over all of the good memories.

I love you all and wish you the best. 

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment