Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hey all,

So this past week was pretty good. We have a couple of cool new amis that we taught this week. Hopefully we can continue to see them and they can start progressing. We've been having a bit of trouble finding some solid amis here. Because of this we have been doing quite a bit of finding.

Earlier this week we were porting and we talked with this guy at the door for a good little bit. Anyway he had this really cool mustache so at the end of the contact I said excuse me I just wanted to let you know that you have a really cool mustache and i couldnt leave without telling you. It kind of caught him off gaurd. I think he was expecting me to try to continue the contact so when i said this he busted up laughing. It is always great to compliment people and help make them feel better so ive decided that if they arent receptive to the gospel then at least i can try to make them feel better somehow.

Also this week because of all of the contacting I had this cool conversation with a young guy for about a half hour. After testifying and sharing the book of mormon with him i couldn't help but smile. I was just filled with genuine happiness and couldn't feel bad the rest of the evening. I know that this message and this work is true. And that living it and sharing it bring us true joy. I love you all and invite you to look for ways that you can share this joy with others. If you do this you wont be able to keep yourself from smiling. Love ya,

Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment