Thursday, December 27, 2012

Joyeux Noel


Joyeux Noël everyone! I hope that every one has been having a nice Christmas so far. Last night we had a fireside thing where there was singing and a little pageant and such. Elder Gonzalez had to translate for a few Spanish speaking elders so we sat back with them and the row in front of us had a bunch of native french speakers so I was surrounded by different languages. It was pretty neat. After that we watched a Christmas carol. We decided that we would open our presents last night before bed because we didn't want to wait for morning. Thanks for all the stuff! Elder Gonzalez was super excited and told me to tell you thanks mom and dad. Today Elder Nelson and his family came and talked to us at the devotional. It was great. His wife talked about spiritual gifts and how it's like Christ has given us spiritual gift cards. He's already paid the price and it's up to us to cash them in. She talked about how she has received gift cards in the past and forgot about them and how alot of times we forget that we can pray for and seek after gifts of the spirit when we need them. Elder Nelson talked about the gift of Christs atonement and how as missionaries we are the link for people to receive this gift. After we had a turkey dinner (lunch), and had time to do different things like a temple walk and read the Christmas parts out of the scriptures. We also had a gift exchange thing as a district. All good things. We will be having more things tonight like a talent show and watching it's a wonderful life. It's been a good Christmas (even if I didn't get any Swedish pancakes).
This past week has been good. There were a ton of new elders and sisters that came in this week, including the first batch of younger ones (which they have been making a big deal about at every devotional/fireside). The lines and meetings have all been much more packed than they have been. But I get to see more people I know and meet all of the new french elders and sisters. We've been trying to PVL(speak only french) alot more this week. It's been going fairly well but it can be difficult at times. I like it here at the mtc but I can't wait to be out in France. Oh well it's just 3 more weeks. I might get a chance to send a quick email with some pictures in it tomorrow if I can. We'll see. Like I said last week, it can be hard to fill an email with alot of exciting stuff while i'm here at the mtc so if you have any questions or anything just let me know and I will try to answer and be more exciting. I love you all and hope all is going well. Thanks for all the letters and packages. Merry Christmas!
L'amour Elder Swenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment