Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 2 and some Pictures


Bonjour tout le monde,
This week has been good and i'm slowly learning more of the area and members. I don't think I'll quite pick it all up just yet though because this is a super big ville. I love the members here, even if i struggle to remember all of their french names. We had dinner with a few families this week and they are all super nice and go easy on me and my lack of french. Yesterday after church we walked past the kitchen and suddenly were pulled in and commanded to eat. We were caught off gaurd but were super grateful. Then we went on a walk with this less active family. They are really nice and there kids have a ton of energy. We got licked and patted by them throughout sacrement meeting. But they were good and we enjoyed talking with them as we walked by the beach.
Right now we have an ami named Alain who is a stud. He has such good questions about the things that we read and teach and i know that he is going to be an awesome member whenn the time comes. The other day at our rendez vous we had a really good discussion about ether 12 and we all came away from it learning more. He will get baptised on the 9th if all goes well so keep him in your prayers if you can so that all goes well. Even though I still dont understand a lot of whats being said in lessons and church i still learn and feel the spirit. I've gotten really good at reading body language and smiling and nodding. Hopefully the french will follow soon after.
We had a zone training in aix last week and i got to see and meet a bunch of the other elders. Also because Elder Tulley is the district leader i've been on a few exchanges so i've gotten to know the other Elders pretty well. It's good to see all of the different ways that they do things because all of them have their different strengths. Hopefully i can learn from all the good examples around me. I still have those moments where all of the sudden i realise that I'm a missionary and i'm in France. It's crazy to believe that i'm here but i love the country and i love the work. I'm so lucky to be blessed to be able to help out in such a great work with such great people. I love you all and pray that all continues to go well at home. I hope that grandpa feels better and the healing process goes well. Until next week,

Elder Swenson







1 comment:

  1. Trent takes some awesome pictures! He is a really good photographer, must get it from his dad. :)

    ReplyDelete