Thursday, January 17, 2013

Je suis ici!


Bonjour!
I'm finally here. Crazy. First things first i'm serving in Marseille and my companion is elder Tulley. He's an awesome elder and i'm sure i'll learn alot from him. Marseille is awesome but super cold right now. It's hard to type because my fingers are so cold. So we're white washing ( neither of us have served in the area before) so we don't really know the area or the members but it's all good. It's a little crazy because I can't really communicate all that well yet but i'm picking things up little by little. I've only talked a little with a member at the church and that was kind of difficult but i managed and even though i'll be relying on elder Tulley alot with my communication I should be fine.
Travel went well until we got to Paris. We got on the plane for Lyon but then the pilot got on and said that there was a delay because of snow. Then like a half hour later he got on and said that the flight was canceled. Lame. Eventually after 5 hours of waiting in lines and making new plans we got on a train and made our way to Lyon  All of us were exhausted because we had been up for over 24 hours so we all looked like zombies the rest of the day. We got picked up at the train station and took all our luggage to a hotel. the rest of the night we spent at the mission office and the mission home for meetings and interviews and just to relax. The next day we went to  take care of legality stuff. This was just a check up and stuff like that at an office. We then went to the mission office and got our new assignments and met our trainers. After some meetings we ran to the train station to catch our ride to marseille.
So far my time here has been a little intimidating but still awesome  We met up with the other elders in our district and i got to know them a little more. I'm super excited to get started and get more in the rhythm of things. Anyway I don't have time to keep writing but I love you and just wanted to let you know that i'm alive and well. I hope all goes well for everyone back home. My pday is Monday so that is when you can expect my next email.
L'amour Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment