Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 8, 2013


Bonjour ma famille. This is officially my last email from the mtc. It's crazy that i'm going to be in france next week. I leave monday morning. We're supposed to be at the travel office at 4:00 AM so we will be waking up bright and early. The 8 of us going to Lyon have a layover in Atlanta before we move on to france. We're all jealous because the Paris Elders and Soeurs get the direct flight and don't have to be to the travel office until the afternoon. We travel all day and get to Lyon at 8:40 AM french time (which is 8 hours ahead). I'm a little nervous but mostly just pumped to get out of the disease stricken mtc and out in the real world. Speaking of that, I never had the stomache flu but over half our zone did. I'm not really positive when I will get to call yet but we have a 2 and a half hour layover in Atlanta so probably sometime during that (between like 11:00 and 1:30). 
So last week when we hosted I directed the traffic. I wore a bright yellow jacket and pointed in the direction that the cars needed to go. I have pictures that I will email next week from france. According to the older gentlemen in the security booth, it was a whopping 1 degree outside. I was kinda jealous that I didn't get to help all the new missionaries. The rest of my district (that weren't puking) got to do that. They got to see all the happy new missionaries coming in and i got to see all of the bawling moms driving away. Once they were driving away they couldn't hold back anymore and they all had red tear streaked faces. I wonder if mom was like that. Also I couldn't feel my fingers, toes, or face. But it's all good because we get to host again this wednesday. Should be great! (and hopefully warmer).
The temple finnaly was open again so we got to go today. It was great and i'm sad I won't get to go again for like 2 years. I only got to go 4 times while I've been here because it was closed 3 weeks and I was in california the other. Today was a great P-day. I took a nice long nap and when i woke up i couldn't feel my arms. Anyway I can't think of anything else exciting to tell you. I love you all and hope that all is well. Hopefully my next email will be a little longer and more exciting than this one due to the fact that it will come from france.
L'amour, Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment